Saturday, June 16, 2007

You can plant sheep!

I've been on the lookout for a copy of Spider-Man 2 for XBOX, as I keep hearing it's a pretty fun game (and entirely different from the not-so-awesome PC version). I figured since it was apparently a "Best of Platinum Hits" title, that it'd be cheap and plentiful... Sadly this was not the case, and I'd yet to see it in any store since around the time Spider-Man 3 came out. Well, I was out in a mall, killing some time the other day, and I stopped-off at an EB Games. They had a used copy in good condition for a little over $20... More than I wanted to spend, but I splurged. Then I saw Odin Sphere. $50 new. I splurged again. I need to learn some self-control :\ It's a good thing that they both turned-out to be pretty good games! I haven't spent a whole lot of time with either, but Spider-Man 2's freedom of exploration and Odin Sphere's unique gameplay really promise to be a lot of fun. I want to mention that Odin Sphere reminds me of Guardian Heroes on SEGA Saturn in terms of gameplay and Astal (also a Saturn game) in terms of graphics... Those are very prestigious comparisons, by the way :)

I also downloaded Prince Of Persia and Pac-Man C.E. from the XBOX Live Arcade, and I'm probably spending more time with them than anything else right now. It's nice to see old games updated the right way. These are definitely worth the money.

I've finished Season 1 of Sam & Max, and I'm satisfied. While some episodes were better than others, some puzzles were needlessly frustrating, and the episode formula was a little repetitive as the season progressed, it was still full of hilarious writing, great acting, and good old classic adventure gaming. You can buy episodes from Telltale's website, GameTap, and Steam, or you can buy season sets from Telltale or retail stores later this summer.

No comments: