Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bah! I give up...

iTunes 7 would've been bearable if not for the skipping music, so I decided to try a nightly build of Songbird; it was nice, but there was a serious memory leak (MP3 playback software should not use 650MB of RAM). I switched back to Winamp, and I like it, as it's definitely a comparable product to iTunes. It has, however, always had weird issues with the "always on top" function... Even when that option is turned off, my auto-hidden Start menu (which is set to "always on top") is no longer "always on top", and therefore inaccessible whenever another window is maximized. Gah! So now I'm using foobar2000, and it's fantastic. It just works out of the box, it's light-weight, and it's pretty customizable.

Yeah, I considered downgrading to iTunes 6.0.5.20 (too much work) and playing with Windows Media Player 10 (not a fan of the interface; waiting for 11 to leave BETA), but foobar2000 spared me the trouble.

Before I go, I finally got the SNES my brother picked-up for me for $20 at a garage sale. It came with two controllers, the stereo composite cables, and Super Mario World. Wheee! ;)

No comments: