Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Translated!

I've already talked about Sylvan Tale here, but now I'm going through Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru (delightfully weird) and Makai Toushi SaGa (my childhood!) before finally getting around to Mother 3.

Makai Toushi SaGa is especially nice though; what a great remake to a cultural touchstone, warts and all. Criminal that it's stuck on the WonderSwan.

Finished Gargoyle's Quest, may have abused some save states along the way, and what a gem! Flawed like so many of its contemporaries - this one is just full of character and good ideas, and deserves a modern take.

Played around with Mega Man World 5 DX; impressive, though the Mega Man games still just don't really do it for me. I kinda liked IV on both platforms, I liked the Game Gear one, I liked Rockman & Forte... I'm not sure why, but the series just hasn't clicked with me.

No comments: