Tuesday, February 20, 2024

The Most Dangerous Game

Ventured-out to some other cities, following-up on some old game shops I hadn't been to in over a decade. Came back with:

  • Battle Ace (SuperGrafx)
    • Don't own a SuperGrafx, but the Pocket can play it so I treated myself. Also realised that I own Darius Plus, which is enhanced for the SuperGrafx to reduce sprite flicker!
  • Blinx: The Time Sweeper (XBOX)
    • $10 complete. No-brainer.
  • Croc 2 (PS)
    • Better than the PC version. Saw the GBC version, which is more akin to a top-down action RPG; should've picked it up.
  • Duck Tales (GB)
    • Shouldn't've sold it when I was a kid.
  • Escape from Monster Manor (3DO)
    • Silly game, but really fun. Overpaid a little, but I don't care.
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)
    • Just wanted it.
  • Mortal Kombat Unchained (PSP)
    • Never played it or Deception; unique characters.
  • Nightmare Creatures II (DC)
    • I think I might've thought there was a PC version.
  • Shatterhand (NES)
    • Been looking for it, but hadn't seen it in the wild in years; paid a decent price, and totally worth it. Badass.
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Radical Rescue (GB)
    • This one got expensive! Found a beat-up copy for relatively cheap though; decent Metroidvania.
Breezed though Final Fantasy Legend III, and what a downgrade from the first two. I especially remember being so excited about the screenshot with the Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk on the back of the box, but when I finally got to that point of the game it was just kinda... Meh; just like everything else. The mechanics are solid, but none of it was anywhere near as memorable as the first two.

Almost done Adventures of Mana, spent some time with Final Fantasy Adventure, and thinking maybe I should've gone with Sword of Mana instead.

Also, finally sat down with DOOM 32X: Resurrection, and with a quality CRT shader... Oh my. Makes me wonder just what a 32X CD was truly capable of.

No comments: