Friday, January 05, 2018

My bad!

Figured-out why I couldn't log-in to Origin after resetting my password, and did it in time to get-in on the Titanfall 2 sale! I'd mismanaged my password manager; was totally my fault. Crisis averted, I purchased and downloaded the Standard Edition of the game, tweaked the recommended video settings 'cause they were insultingly low, and promptly watched the video freeze randomly during gameplay... Though the audio and the rest of the PC kept on working just fine. My own troubleshooting proved useless, the suggestions on support forums were worse, and in the end I was able to play the game smoothly at 1080p with absolutely all video setting maxed-out... As long as ambient occlusion is turned off. Cool game! The first one was kinda disappointing 'cause even though it was awesome and I experienced some downright magical moments with it, the multiplayer-only design resulted in me missing content and experiencing things in weird orders. I was there for the world, not the grind :(

Also, re: Arkham Knight, while I finished all of Most Wanted (save for The Riddler) and Season of Infamy, I completely forgot about Arkham Episodes; so far, I'm almost done A Matter of Family, and it's pretty neat.

No comments: