Thursday, July 10, 2014

More Raven!

Before digging-in to Wolfenstein: The New Order, I figured I should finally track-down a copy of Raven's 2009 Wolfenstein... I'd heard it wasn't very good... It isn't very good. It's not bad, but it is incredibly rough. The cutscenes look cheap, the voice acting is cheesy, the character animations are awkward, the open world is a chore to navigate and doesn't add any real kind of immersion to the experience, and this is on id Tech 4!? DOOM 3 looked much better :( Still, once you get the rhythm of the game, it's not a slog to finish.

Also, Phantom Hourglass is now the second Zelda game I've officially abandoned because its gameplay just wasn't fun for me; the first was The Adventure of Link. Making me blow on and yell at my DS isn't very fun when I'm on the subway or late at night; an option to do otherwise would've been swell. I hear Spirit Tracks is more of the same... No thanks.

No comments: