Monday, January 10, 2011

URNot(red)E

Got the 60GB hardware-backward-compatible PS3 with two SIXAXIS controllers, a Wireless Keypad, two charging cables, and the following games:
  • Assassin's Creed II
  • Bionic Commando*
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Buzz! Quiz World (with four buzzers)
  • Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Dark Void*
  • Demon's Souls*
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • God Of War Collection
  • God Of War III
  • Golden Axe: Beast Rider*
  • Grand Theft Auto IV
  • Heavy Rain
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • ModNation Racers
  • Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
  • Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  • The Orange Box
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Unreal Tournament III
(* = factory sealed)

I'll be flipping most of the games since I either already have them on another platform, would rather play them on Windows, or have little interest in keeping them... Demon Souls, the God Of War games, Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, MotorStorm, and Red Dead Redemption will likely be the only ones to make the cut.

I'd like to remove the system from the previous owner's PSN account before reformatting, but I can't connect to PSN unless I install the 3.55 system update (3.50 is currently installed). I'm hesitant to install the update after hearing all the horror stories about it neutering the optical drive and causing instabilities with previously-installed software... I'd hate to have to pay an extra $100+ just to get a refurbished model that lacks the hardware for which I specifically bought this model :(

No comments: