Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Yes it is my birthday today, and on a potentially cosmically-related note, I purchased something from craigslist last night. I though I was getting a PC Engine, two controllers, Be Ball (Chew-Man-Fu), Berabo Man (Bravo Man), Darius Plus, Obocchama-Kun, and Yokai Dochuki for $80 CDN. What I actually got was a PC Engine CoreGrafx, complete in its original packaging with two matching controllers, a Battle Tap, and all five of those games complete and in immaculate condition!

Realistic average eBay prices are as follows:
  • CoreGrafx (boxed): ~$100
  • Second controller: ~$40
  • Battle Tap: ~$25
  • Be Ball: ~$20
  • Berabo Man: ~$35
  • Darius Plus: ~$40
  • Obocchama-Kun: ~$50
  • Yokai Dochuki: ~$15
...So a ~$325 lot for $80? Not bad. I'll flip the system, the Battle Tap, and most of the games. I think I'll keep the second controller, Darius Plus, and Be Ball.

No comments: